Friday 18 January 2013


A few items I carry and use for various photography jobs.

EOS Canon 5D MkIII which is Canons' latest upgrade of the 5D series cameras. Fantastic Pro camera ideal for family portraits, weddings and commercial photo shoots.

Canon 24-105mm IS F4 Lens making a very versatile walkabout lens enabling me to capture a wide angle shot such as a family group or zoom into to capture some close up details.

Canon 70-200 IS F4 Lens giving that little extra reach in zoom over the 24-105 lens allowing me to hide away a little more and capture subjects unaware and in a even more natural way, especially at a wedding. 

Portable studio equipment currently being used, consists of a Lastolite Hilite (which is like one of those crazy pop up tents you can buy, but you wouldn't sleep in this one......although it's big enough). The Hilite is then lit using two lights, one from each side to give the Hi-Key (pure white background) look. Alternatively, you can create a Low-Key (black background) shoot using the bottletop black cover.

The lighting equipment I use for this is  Elinchrom D Lites and some elinchrom soft boxes which modify the light to enable it to be pleasing and elegant towards the subject.

Of course I have plenty of other bits of kit and equipment that I use but I'm not going to bore you with this anymore, so I'm just going to add a little list: Mac, iPad, iPhone, light meter, diffusers, various computer software programs for editing, printer, tripod, flashgun and Graphi Studio Albums.